Re: [libmicrohttpd] About version of HTTP

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] About version of HTTP
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:14:37 +0200

Hi!

I've just gone over the code and double checked what is going on.  If the
client requests HTTP 1.0, the server will follow the HTTP 1.0 protocol (no
pipelining, no Host-header required, etc.) but still TELLS the client that
the server would support HTTP 1.1 in its response.

I think this is actually the desired behavior (client wants 1.0, protocol
follows 1.0 rules but server tells client that it would support a more recent
version).  Now, I didn't re-read the RFC, so if you can find in there
somewhere that an HTTP 1.1-capable server must respond with 1.0 to a
1.0-client, this would still be trivial to fix.

Happy hacking!

Christian