[libmicrohttpd] Signalling EOD from MHD_ContentReaderCallback

From: Bruce A. Mallett
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Signalling EOD from MHD_ContentReaderCallback
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 14:53:11 -0400

Hi,

I've just started with this library (nice job btw) but have a question ..

How is End Of Data supposed to be signaled by the content provider
callback once it has exhausted its data stream?  I don't see where the API
provides for returning this kind of status.  Should it?  Or is there some
other call that should be made from within the callback to tell the
library to "quit calling me!".  :)

As it is now returning 0 is an error for the internal select model but
results in repeated calls in the other models.  Returning -1 closes the
connection.

Also, when the amount of data to be supplied by the content reader is
provided (first parameter to MHD_create_response_from_callback()) then the
library knows in advance how much data to expect.  In this instance why
does the callback continue to get called after all of the data has been
provided?

If the amount of data to be provided is unknown in advance (-1 as the
first parameter to MHD_create_response_from_callback()), how does EOD get
signaled (I guess that is the same question as what I started with)?

TIA,

        - Bruce