[libmicrohttpd] Trouble using microhttpd [compiling]

From: Alexandre gaudencio
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Trouble using microhttpd [compiling]
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 23:43:58 +0100

Hello,
I'm mailing asking for some help.

I've been trying to use libmicrohttpd for 2 days now and I can't get it to work and don't understand why ... I'm a not an expert so please forgive me if I say something silly.

Here's what I've done :

- Downloaded the latest sources (ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/mirror/gnu/libmicrohttpd/libmicrohttpd-0.4.6.tar.gz)
- Runned :
tar -xvzf libmicrohttpd-0.4.6.tar.gz
cd libmicrohttpd-0.4.6
mkdir /tmp/glibmicrohttpd
./configure --prefix=/tmp/microhttpdTest
make
make install

- I copied the sample code found here (http://www.gnu.org/software/libmicrohttpd/)  [http://pastebin.org/199897 just so I'm sure everyone get's the same sample]
into a plop.c file and then tried to compile like this :

address@hidden:/tmp/test $ gcc plop.c -I/tmp/glibmicrohttpd/include/ -L/tmp/glibmicrohttpd/lib/ -lmicrohttpd
In file included from plop.c:4:
/tmp/glibmicrohttpd/include/microhttpd.h:497: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘intptr_t’
/tmp/glibmicrohttpd/include/microhttpd.h:830: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘uint64_t’
/tmp/glibmicrohttpd/include/microhttpd.h:868: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘uint64_t’
/tmp/glibmicrohttpd/include/microhttpd.h:893: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘...’ before ‘va_list’
/tmp/glibmicrohttpd/include/microhttpd.h:1085: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘size’
So here I don't get it =/
Maybe this is something I did wrong but isn't this header supposed to be generated automatically by the configure/make/make install thing and be usable directly ?

I'm using (right now for the tests) the latest Ubuntu release (10.04) but I get the same problem (with much more errors though) on Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

Does someone know what to do to get this right ?

Thanks a lot for any further help !

Alexandre Gaudencio.