Re: [libmicrohttpd] Problems building (configuring) under Cygwin

From: LRN
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Problems building (configuring) under Cygwin
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 04:27:48 +0400

On 26.01.2014 0:55, Jordan Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 1:59 AM, LRN wrote:
>> On 23.01.2014 6:45, Jordan Henderson wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Attempting to configure libmicrohttpd-0.9.33 under the latest
>>> Cygwin (CYGWIN_NT-6.1 Jordan-THINK 1.7.27(0.271/5/3)
>>> 2013-12-09 11:54 x86_64 Cygwin) I'm getting the error described
>>> here:
>>>
>>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libmicrohttpd/2010-08/
>>> msg00013.html
>>>

>>> Configure stops telling me that my system doesn't support
>>> pthreads.
>>>
>>> I saw a later patch that appears to have backed out some of
>>> the changes recommended above (described here):
>>>
>>> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libmicrohttpd/2011-03/
>>> msg00023.html
>>>

>>> I attempted to restore the changes recommended here to the new
>>> baseline, but I'm still getting the error.
>>>
>>> I understand that the error about not supporting pthreads is a
>>> false negative and indicates something else.  Before I try to
>>> dig in and rediscover what others may be doing here, I thought
>>> I'd ask if there is anyone using libmicrohttpd under Cygwin
>>> offer any help?
>>
>> You shouldn't need plibc on Cygwin, the change from 2011 sounds
>> like the right thing.
>>
>> I've just built a MSYS2 version of libmicrohttpd, it detected
>> pthreads at configure time correctly. MSYS2 (and Cygwin) provides
>> pthreads as part of the main runtime, so it's impossible to
>> miss.
>>
>> That said, i don't use x86_64 versions of either MSYS2 or MinGW,
>> so maybe there's some weirdness on that front that escaped my
>> notice.
>>

> I was able to build under cygwin by removing the use of
> -no-undefined from the cygwin rule in configure.ac.
>
> Seems like there was a change in gcc that made this an error.
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-07/msg00414.html
>
> There's discussion in that thread about the correct way to fix this
> and I wasn't quite clear if my approach was right, so I didn't
> include a patch. LRN, who was in on this discussion might have some
> perspective.

Please show the contents of config.log (the place where it says that
"C compiler cannot create executables"; specifically, i want to see
the command that configure invoked to compile and link the executable,
and the error messages it produced).

- --
O< ascii ribbon - stop html email! - www.asciiribbon.org