Re: [libmicrohttpd] Connection: header

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Connection: header
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 19:37:43 +0200

On 06/05/2014 06:47 PM, Luke Dashjr wrote:
> At some point, the Connection: Keep-Alive header was added by libmicrohttpd.
> Unfortunately, in some circumstances, this is breaking a buggy client I have
> to support. Is it possible to turn it off? Reading the code, I don't see a
> way
> (and it seems to even override a user-set Connection header).

Hmm.  The goal was that if the application explicitly sets a connection
header (Connection: close), MHD should obey that choice and not override
it in any way (and close the connection after the request).  I'm also pretty
positive there is code that does that check; however, if it fails for you,
I'd certainly appreciate a test.

What is not possible right now is to force MHD to not generate any
"Connection"
header; that'd need an API extension.  But, try adding "Connection:
close" first,
and if that somehow fails to show up properly on the wire, please send a
testcase
and I'll be happy to take a close look at it.

Happy hacking!