[libmicrohttpd] Chunked encoding generated for HTTP 1.0 client

From: louisbenoit
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Chunked encoding generated for HTTP 1.0 client
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 14:52:41 -0500

Hi,

I would like to report the following inconsistency.

I am using the MHD_create_response_from_callback with size argument set to MHD_SIZE_UNKNOWN.
The generated response is chunked-encoded by version 0.9.38 even for HTTP 1.0 client, which does not support chunk encoding.
This generated response was not chunked-encoded by version 0.9.15.

I can work around this issue by using MHD_set_response_options (..., MHD_RF_HTTP_VERSION_1_0_ONLY,...) when I detect that the client is HTTP 1.0.
As libmicrohttpd generates the Connection header (Keep-Alive/Close) correctly based client version, I would have hoped that the same would be true for encoding.

Thank you,

Louis Benoit