Re: [libmicrohttpd] Building libmicrohttpd-0.9.55 on RHEL5

From: Svein Olav Bjerkeset
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Building libmicrohttpd-0.9.55 on RHEL5
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 20:17:15 +0200

Tried to reproduce on CentOS 5.11.
Seems that nettle require newer GMP lib than comes with system.

I built GMP 6.1.2 in the setup that finally worked.

As I ended up building almost all the dependencies, except for basic stuff like posix threads, it would not come as a big surprise to me if the combination of newest MHD and GnuTLS would fail in the same way on more modern platforms as well.

If anyone would like a copy of my build environment for further testing, please let me know. I will settle for the working version I have got at this point as far as RHEL5 is concerned.

Best regards,
Svein Olav Bjerkeset