Re: [libmicrohttpd] Clang build fails

From: Tim Rühsen
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Clang build fails
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 16:35:44 +0100

On 02/21/2018 09:02 PM, Tim Ruehsen wrote:

>>> Gitlab allows exactly that,  but you have your own CI already
>>> running
>>> and the missing parts are maybe just a piece of configuration.
>>> So it has to be your initiative.
>>>
>>> If you like to give Gitlab a chance, let me know and I surely can
>>> help.
>>> You can also have your own Gitlab instance without gitlab.com
>>> involved.
>>> And BTW, you can use gitlab-ci-multi-runner to use your own
>>> machines /
>>> OSes as CI runners. The gitlab.com CI hosting is limited to docker,
>>> but
>>> hey - it's free to use. And since the CI setup is developed in a
>>> git
>>> repo as well, nothing is lost, even if gitlab.com dies.
>>
>> Well, as long as we can easily export the result from gitlab.com to
>> eventually move it to independent infrastructure, there's nothing
>> wrong
>> with starting a CI system there first. So please do give it a shot!
>>
>> Would it be useful to create a new mailinglist for CI notifications
>> for
>> this, or should we just use this list?
>
> I will create a new group on gitlab.com for libmicrohttpd and give you
> and Evgeny (?) full premissions (owner). Then it needs one project for
> the ci-runners to build and another one for libmicrohttpd. I can set
> all this up tomorrow.
> Maybe we talk via phone when set up, makes some things easier to
> explain. I will give you my phone number then via PM.

Hi,

the projects on gitlab.com are set up and public.

The project for building/maintaining docker images as CI runners is at
https://gitlab.com/libmicrohttpd/build-images.

The second is https://gitlab.com/libmicrohttpd/libmicrohttpd. Whenever
you push to this repo the CI is triggered, for any branch - as long as
it contains .gitlab-ci.yml.

You should get a gitlab account and request access or just let me know
and I make you the owner (Christian). You should add a public ssh key so
you can have write access without usign a password. Once you have write
access, you add the repo as remote (example):

git remote add gitlab address@hidden:libmicrohttpd/libmicrohttpd.git
git fetch gitlab
(and later) git push gitlab

I created branch 'ci-test' with that yml file to define three parallel
CI runners: gcc, clang+sanitizers and clang-scan. But you can of course
add as many as you want.

You can see the current status at
https://gitlab.com/libmicrohttpd/libmicrohttpd/pipelines. Current status
is failure (click on the 'failed' button to see how each job ended).

The gcc runner failed because:
FAIL: test_quiesce
../../test-driver: line 107: 16501 Aborted                 (core dumped)
"$@" > $log_file 2>&1

The scan-build runner found 19 bugs in the source code, see
https://libmicrohttpd.gitlab.io/-/libmicrohttpd/-/jobs/53882904/artifacts/scan-build/2018-02-22-151236-6248-1/index.html

The sanitizer runner failed because
FAIL: test_upgrade
FAIL: test_upgrade_tls

You can 'browse' the artifacts (defined in the yml file) and
download/view the log files. You'll see memory leaks and two UBSAN failures.

Happy bug hunting !

With Best Regards, Tim