Re: [libmicrohttpd] Question on Async support

From: Santos Das
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Question on Async support
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 23:35:23 +0530

Thank you once again for the prompt reply.

I have few more questions. Are you aware of any project which has integrated libmicrohttpd along with libcurl without losing any functionality of MHD ? I really want to run in the single threaded model as I mentioned above.
I looked at  the following . But, was not quite impressive.

https://github.com/babelouest/ulfius

Also, any comment on the following ? I hope again, we are not losing any functionality of libmicrohttpd here?

https://github.com/maru/libmicrohttpd-http2

Thanks, santos

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 8:10 PM, Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> wrote:
On 08/24/2018 04:12 PM, Santos Das wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the prompt reply. I have few more questions., kindly see if
> you could help.
>
> a. Does this have a transaction scoreboarding capability (e.g., to match
> up asynchronous operations)?   The use of the passed argument *cls seems
> to imply this?   That is, when you get an inbound transation you
> allocate a tracking object in application space and hand its pointer to
> libhttpd so that it can give it back to you later (i.e., you are giving
> the response and it asynchronously asks for the next chunk of bytes in
> the response).

I'm not sure I'd call this scoreboarding, but yes, the 'cls' is there so
that the application can associate state with the request for later
continuations.

> b. Does it support chunk-encoding of responses?

Yes.

> c. Does MHD has inbuilt JSON encode/decode capabilities ?

No, but easy to add by linking against libjanson.

-Christian