Re: [libmicrohttpd] Question on Async support

From: Santos Das
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] Question on Async support
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 17:05:58 +0530

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have a question on how we do the asynchronous operation (when I am running the michrohttpd as a part of my thread and in the same event loop) ?

For example, my application received a http message and as a part of handling the message it  has to send out another request (for example, I trigger a message over diameter interface) and will send out the http  response only after receiving the response from my created procedures (for example in this case the http response would be sent once the reply over diameter interface is received.

Can the application send and receive the data through the callback  ?

Could you please let me know how this can be achieved ?

Thanks, Santos

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 11:59 PM Christian Grothoff <address@hidden> wrote:
On 08/24/2018 08:05 PM, Santos Das wrote:
> Thank you once again for the prompt reply.
>
> I have few more questions. Are you aware of any project which has
> integrated libmicrohttpd along with libcurl without losing any
> functionality of MHD ? I really want to run in the single threaded model
> as I mentioned above.

GNUnet and GNU Taler (in Twister) do this for implementing an http
proxy, basically HTTP server via MHD, then libcurl for the HTTP client:

https://git.taler.net/twister.git/

I don't see why you think integrating with libcurl would result in a
loss of functionality.