[Fwd: Re: [libredwg] AUTOCAD Info]

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: [Fwd: Re: [libredwg] AUTOCAD Info]
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 04:18:15 -0200

Thanks!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: [libredwg] AUTOCAD Info
Date:   Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11:42:35 +0530
From:   guruprasad rane <address@hidden>
To:     Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva <address@hidden>

1. What is a MTEXT? Is it different from a TEXT?
MTEXT is mutliline text. It support formatting features like bold, italics, underline, left-center-right align, top-middle-bottom align, tabs, numbering, letter-spacing, font-angle(obliquing), font-stretching (width factor),etc. Different formating features can be applied to different part of MTEXT (ie. first few words in bold, next few in italics) Above this we can format test using text styles.

TEXT is single line text. If you need text with two line we need to create two seperate TEXT. It supports left-center-right, width factor and obliquing. But these features need to be applied to the whole text. We can not have different formatting to different parts of TEXT.

2. What is a viewport?
Viewport is the rectangle window through which we see the graphics. Say the black screen on which we can see a circle or click on the viewport to start drawing a line. We can create multiple viewports at a time. Each viewport can be assigned a direction like top, bottom, left, right, front, back, isometeric, perspective etc. So we can see a cube from top in top view port, from left fem left viewport etc.

Remaining questions I will answer later. If needed I can send snapshots of these items..

Regards
Guruprasad