Re: [libredwg] [news] Autodesk and Open Design Alliance Reach Agreement

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [libredwg] [news] Autodesk and Open Design Alliance Reach Agreement for Autodesk DWG Trademarks
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 18:08:18 +0200

Any exposure to liability is mine personally. This is not an official
libredwg project.

I am interested in getting OGR to use libredwg, and would work on
doing that by working on the API.

I will put some time into this as I have resources available.
If opendwg wants to sue me, I am ready to fight them.

The code that I am deriving this from
(http://svn.osgeo.org/gdal/spike/dxfdwg)  seems to have a bsd like
open license and mentions no IP restrictions. My work is just to
resolve compiler errors from compiling against my dummy types, in my
opinion, there can be no IP claims against me for doing that.

I dont even see that there is any "substantial portions of the
Software" in my header files, so I will license it under the AGPL 3.0.

mike