Re: [libredwg] Installation and example of libredwg

From: Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Installation and example of libredwg
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 22:46:14 -0300

On 12-06-2011 15:01, Davinder Kumar wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
> I have installed libredwg locally. The script for installing libredwg
> is attached with this thread. One thing i want to ask that am i on
> right track?

Yes, you're on the right track. Your SVG file is fine. But libredwg does
not require texinfo-non-free or any kind of non-free software.

> I have converted the sample.dwg to yourconverteddwgfile.svg with
> following command
> ./testSVG sample.dwg  > yourconverteddwgfile.svg.
> Both files are also attached with this mail.

You could try with more samples, or even with the files you want to
convert. The testSVG converter is still very incomplete. It is ment as a
proof of concept actually, but you can use it to convert simple files to
SVG.

Please keep in mind that libredwg is still alpha, and not ready for
production use. It is only a library, but other production software such
as GRASS and LibreCAD are in the process of incorporating it.

> What is the next task for gaining more about libredwg?

If you are interested in coding, you can start by improving the SVG
converter. Please let us know if we can be of any help.

--
Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva

http://garoa.net.br
http://polignu.org