Re: [libredwg] Parsing a DWG file.

From: Till Heuschmann
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Parsing a DWG file.
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 00:33:59 +0200

I just wanted to point out that it is technically possible to read the data without checking for errors.
If doing so is good style, careless or what ever is another question.

Personally I think the RS encoding is not there to obfuscate the format but to ensure that all
data gets transferred correctly. In later formats (2010/2013) it is missing again, for whatever reason
(maybe: http://consultskc.blogspot.de/2008/04/wan-problems-with-dwg-2007-problmes-de.html)