[libredwg] Student Introduction

From: gagan
Subject: [libredwg] Student Introduction
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 18:50:40 +0530

Hello everyone,
I am Gaganjyot, a student of GND Engineering College, Punjab , India
pursuing Polytechnic Diploma in Mechanical Engineering currently in
the Final year. I am really interested into doing a project involving
CAD/CAM and Programming. I am well-versed in Python , PHP and Shell
scripting. Currently studying C/C++ and moreover being a mechanical
engineer , I have skills for using AutoCAD , BRL-CAD , FreeCAD and
LibreCAD.I have a thight grip on SolidWorks. My this year project was
totally designed using SolidWorks and then was brought to reality. I
strongly believe in the principles of FOSS and am really enthused
about people working together, sharing the source code and learning a
lot in the end!

Considering my previous work and my intrest I would like to
participate in GSoC this year with LibreDWG.I am a user of LibreDWG
and it sometimes feels hard to integrate it in other applications. I
would like to create an API for the LibreDWG library , So that others
can integrate it , create new CAD programs for linux and OpenSource
CAD + Linux set up a new height.I would like to hear from you all and
will appreciate your help for creating and enhancing my proposal.

Following are some of my contributions to the world of FOSS:

It is a Finite element analysis software , We made it run through a
web browser. Enter a FElt format file and get the analysis done online
:-

https://github.com/gaganjyot/felt-online

Working Demo :-

http://202.164.53.122/~gagan/felt/

This is an online gear designer , Just enter the module of gear ,
Number of teeth and PCD of gear and get a DXF format file as an output
which can be opened in AutoCAD , LibreCAD , FreeCAD , and can be
exported for brlcad.

https://github.com/GreatDevelopers/wBRLCAD/tree/exp/mechanical

Working demo :-

http://devplace.in/~gagan/work/mechanical/gear/

This is an online building generator , It designs a building frame (
skeleton ) for civil engineers , It also produces a brlcad database ,
a staad pro analysis file , a FElt format file ( again for analysis )
and also outputted analysis of the building. This can be further used
by AutoCAD , LibreCAD , FreeCAD ( By exporting to dxf format ).

Demo :-

http://202.164.53.122/~gagan/building/

This one is my first example with web and CAD, It generated columns
and beams for civil engineers , file format was for BRL-CAD , Though
could be exported to dxf , step , Acad and various other formats (
Refer BRL-CAD for exporting )

Demo :-

http://devplace.in/~gagan/work/civil/main/

--