Re: [libredwg] Shared library error

From: Hamish
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Shared library error
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 14:21:16 -0700 (PDT)

Gaganjyot wrote:
> No. I guess, Libredwg is not able to open libredwg.so.0
> shared library file :(.
> Any Ideas why is this happening ?
> I gave command to compile testSVG.c
> gcc -g -o testSVG testSVG.c -lredwg -lm
> It gets compiled but when I run it, also gives error as
>
> ./testSVG: error while loading shared libraries:
> libredwg.so.0: cannot

silly question perhaps, but does libredwg.so.0 exist? where is
it? e.g. if in /usr/local/bin/ make sure you can find that
path in /etc/ld.so.conf[.d/], and rerun ldconfig as root to add
it to the library search path.

you can also try

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/where/libredwg.so.0/is/

and/or see if you need to make a symlink to that name from a
more specificly versioned version.

Hamish