Re: [libredwg] Google Doc Camp

From: Duncan Lithgow
Subject: Re: [libredwg] Google Doc Camp
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 17:40:31 +0200

I can't find GNU's Free Documentation License at http://opensource.org/licenses/alphabetical

So that may well be a problem.

Duncan

--
Sendt fra min vanilla Android mobil

On Jul 28, 2013 2:57 PM, "Richard Stallman" <address@hidden> wrote:
        [ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider
        [ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,
        [ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example.

Hamish <address@hidden> wrote:

    the Google Doc Camp has nothing to do with Google Docs.

Thanks for explaining.  Based on those facts, it would be a good thing
to do, although there is one possible problem.

    (and I believe using an OSI-approved license is a pre-condition)

That could be a problem.  I don't know whether they approved the license
we use (the GNU Free Documentation License).

On principle, we will not ask them for approval of our licenses or
anything that we do.  Those people who rejected our values are
not entitled to impose their criteria on us.

If this turns out to be a problem, I will try asking someone at Google
to change the policy.

Manuals for GNU packages are supposed to be written in Texinfo, or in
a format that can be converted automatically into Texinfo.  That is one
of our technical standards.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation