Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Google Play store DRM - making FDroid better

From: Fabian Rodriguez
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Google Play store DRM - making FDroid better
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 09:41:55 -0400

On 07/01/2012 08:21 AM, Rudolf wrote:

> Anyone know anything about what kind of drm there is and the different
> formats on Google play apps, movies, books, music?
>
> On a side note, the experience of the play should be emulated by
> fdroid. It was easy to see reviews of apps! Easier to search and most
> of all it was really easy to pay for things. Making it easy for me to
> donate to a developer or ebook author on my phone would make me far
> more likely to do it. Heck I'll admit I have already rented two (very
> crappy horror) movies through Google play.
>
> -Rudolf Olah

Hi Rudolf,

You could send your comments for FDroid via the forums or in the
Replicant mailing list - I am not sure who from the FDroid volunteers
directly in charge of the website would be here (on the
libreplanet-discuss list) :
http://f-droid.org/contribute/
http://replicant.us/contact/

Maybe donations to F-Droid would help implement a donation system in the
F-Droid app.

Fabian Rodriguez
http://fsf.magicfab.ca