Re: [libreplanet-discuss] review respect of code of conduct on Mancheste

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] review respect of code of conduct on Manchester FAQ
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 14:13:04 -0500

El 03/08/12 10:18, Bob Ham escribió:
On Thu, Aug 02, 2012 at 10:59:21AM -0500, Quiliro Ordóñez wrote:
The Manchester FAQ page
Hi all,

I've just joined this list.  You should know that Michael Dorrington,
who chairs Manchester Free Software (MFS) and who reverted your edits
to the MFS wiki pages back in 2011, was in a car accident recently and
will be out of action for a while.  He won't be able to respond to
this discussion immediately.

I am very sorry. Please wish him soon recovery if you can contact him.

However, I myself would note that, according to your view there seems
to be an oversight in the Code of Conduct.  The document only states
that users of LibrePlanet should "foreground freedom" by "encouraging
people to try distributions that are fully committed to freedom".
This is a positive statement about what people *should* do rather than
a negative statement about what people should *not* do.

It is not specified on the code of conduct if non-free software should be promoted. By the way of your reasoning this would also be allowed and is perfectly good for LibrePlanet.

I do not think that is the intent of LibrePlanet. I think the idea was to express positively all the values in favor of the position of the FSF and leave other values for people that think otherwise on their own sites.

--
Saludos libres,

Quiliro Ordóñez
Presidente
Asociación de Software Libre del Ecuador - ASLE
Av de la Prensa N58-219 y Cristóbal Vaca de Castro
Quito, Ecuador
(593)2-253 5534
(593)2-340 1517
(593)8-454 8078