Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [Technical] Reply-To: this list?

From: Michał 'rysiek' Woźniak
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [Technical] Reply-To: this list?
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 22:28:51 +0200

Dnia środa, 8 sierpnia 2012 o 22:19:03 al3xu5 / dotcommon napisał(a):
> Il giorno mercoledì 08/08/2012 10:02:18 CEST
>
> "Michał 'rysiek' Woźniak" <rysiek@fwioo.pl> ha scritto:
> > I notice that several times already some replies went to authors
> > of the original mails instead of to the whole list, even though
> > this was not the intention of the author of the reply.
> >
> > Maybe it would be a decent idea to set the Reply-To: header to
> > this list's address?..
>
> I can see that a 'List-id:' header is already set for this
> mailing-list: so using the replay-to-list feature of your email
> client your reply should be sent to the list only...

Yes, but apparently:
 - not everybody knows how to use this feature;
 - not every mail client supports it.

Moreover, all off-the-list replies I got where confirmed as meant for
the list; and there were a few such cases with other addressees.

Hence, I move to set Reply-To: this list to resolve this in a simple
(however not very elegant, granted) way.

--
Pozdrawiam
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Fundacja Wolnego i Otwartego Oprogramowania