Re: [libreplanet-discuss] My Analysis of Multimedia Codecs supported by

From: Michał 'rysiek' Woźniak
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] My Analysis of Multimedia Codecs supported by various portable MP3 & Vorbis players, including smart-phones
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 13:54:32 +0100

Dnia poniedziałek, 17 grudnia 2012 o 13:47:58 Alexey Eromenko
napisał(a):
> BTW, I do use a term "MP3 Player", that GNU recommends to avoid.
> Why ?
>
> Because, frankly, I have yet to see a world's first portable Vorbis
> player, that doesn't support MP3 being sold. Once I will see it, I
> will consider changing the terminology of my article.

Why not just say "portable music player"? No, really. Why.

I could make the same argument to say that I shall call all cars
"Fords", as I have yet to see a car that is incompatible with Ford-
compatible roads.

This is a bad argument. Also, this needlessly promotes a single brand
("Ford") or format ("MP3").

--
Pozdrawiam
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak

Fundacja Wolnego i Otwartego Oprogramowania