[libreplanet-discuss] [OT] php::print::ipp library, calling for a new ma

From: Thomas Harding
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] [OT] php::print::ipp library, calling for a new maintainer
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 17:48:05 +0100

Hello,

I'm the author of a little PHP library named php::print:ipp, which purpose is to implement an IPP1.1 protocol print client.

My primary work is sysadmin, so it is very badly written, but works good enough. Also, code is not well documented.

I authored that library aroud year 2003, while a distributed database with PHP front-end and printed forms has been needed at work.

As a French government employed, I can do what I want with it, even donate it to FSF.

The only problem : I'm really borried authoring code in PHP language, and a donation to FSF requires to enlist yourself as maintainer.

There are a few bugs, mainly due to PHP language and PEAR extensions evolutions (naming collision, deprecated functions, ...).

Also, I see IPP protocol has now a 1.4 version.

So, I seek for a volunteer to take over maintainance, which could be enlisted as co-author for FSF maintainer, on that library.

Everything is hosted at Savannah, while I didn't release for years -- only CVS is updated.

project site:https://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=phpprintipp

web site:http://www.nongnu.org/phpprintipp/

       doc:http://www.nongnu.org/phpprintipp/usage

       Software repository:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.savannah.nongnu.org:/sources/phpprintipp
co</modulename/>

       Webpages repository:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.savannah.nongnu.org:/web/phpprintipp
co</modulename/>

Obviously, a volunteer -- if such one exists -- will send me convenient *public*
keys (GPG&  SSH) :)

Best Regards,
TSFH