Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Software idea patents on "This American Life"

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Software idea patents on "This American Life" again; ask them why only MP3?
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 11:58:42 -0400

"J.B. Nicholson-Owens" <jbn@forestfield.org> writes:

> This looks to me to be an opportunity to ask the show to distribute
> their show in Ogg Vorbis as well.
>
> Have any of you asked "This American Life" about this issue?  If so,
> what did they say in response?

We did, back then: http://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/tal-in-ogg-vorbis,
http://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/tal-when-patents-attack,
http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/tal-patents-old/petition.

It would be great to take this opportunity to raise it with them again.
We did get a little response from them, but ended up getting nowhere.

-john

GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://status.fsf.org/johns | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

<http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=8096>.