Re: [libreplanet-discuss] SELinux

From: Sergio Durigan Junior
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] SELinux
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 03:38:49 -0300

On Friday, June 14 2013, Christopher M. Hobbs wrote:

> Is SELinux built into the linux-libre kernel as well?
>
> On Jun 14, 2013, at 15:54, Darren Breidigan <the.bald.headed.yeti@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Concerns lately, about the NSA and  SELinux , which is now hard coded into
>> the Linux kernel, lead me to this proposal;
>>
>> an online petition to have Linus Torvalds remove the SELinux coding from the
>> Linux kernel or provide a kernel, free from NSA codes and policies.
>>
>> Any ideas would be appreciated.

Not that I like SELinux per se, but AFAIK the code is open and free,
which means that it can be inspected (and it is very likely that it was
inspected), so I believe we should do more investigation before asking
for the removal of what might be a useful feature to some people.

BTW, and I will double-check this when I have time, but I believe it is
present in linux-libre.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

--
Sergio