[libreplanet-discuss] Selling hardware with no free drivers available

From: Hugh Mayfield
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] Selling hardware with no free drivers available
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 14:03:36 +0000

Hi everyone,

My first post.  Thanks for having me.

I bought an HP LaserJet Pro MFP m125nw recently.  It doesn't work
without proprietary drivers, so I'm not using it except as a copier.  I
would like to get a Brother HL-2130, which according to h-node both
works with free software and is free of user tracking.

I thought about selling the HP unit (and the spare toner I bought) and
using the money to buy the Brother.  What do people think - is that
ethical?  I don't want to feel like a co-perpetrator.  OTOH, it doesn't
really help anyone for the HP to just gather dust.

Regards,

Hugh

--
Hugh Mayfield