Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Gitlab and Gitorious (was Re: support me)

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Gitlab and Gitorious (was Re: support me)
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 12:06:50 -0700

Not enforcing copyright on non-free software leaves the problem of
copyright for everything else (like cultural works and science and
more). Copyright is fundamentally itself a problem. But I said I
wouldn't get into that.

The issue is: non-free software isn't non-free merely because of the
copyright terms. It's non-free also because the source is rarely
available. In order to have software freedom, it's not enough to ignore
/ abolish copyright on non-free software. We must also assure that the
source is available in the preferred form for modification.