Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Truly decentralized/federated software develop

From: Nicolás Reynolds
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Truly decentralized/federated software development platforms?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 10:29:57 -0300

Nicolás Reynolds <fauno@kiwwwi.com.ar> writes:

> rysiek <rysiek@hackerspace.pl> writes:

>>> https://github.com/toolmantim/bananajour
>>
>> This is pretty much awesome. :)
>> I will be a heavy user of this little gem, thank you!
>
> :)

i just forked it because it's abandoned and fixed an issue with
non-ascii names

https://github.com/fauno/bananajour or here
http://repo.hackcoop.com.ar/fauno/bananajour.git

it should work with ruby 1.9 (using rbenv), on 2.2 it loads but the web
throws an exception.

for self hosting or hosting (small?) teams, i once crafted this

http://repo.hackcoop.com.ar/hacking.git/

it configures a local user with git-shell and gives public key access to
anyone in the authorized_keys file.  some commands are available through
ssh itself, for instance:

  ssh git@server help
  ssh git@server create-bare-repo fauno/bananajour

and anytime you push a pubkey, the git ~/.ssh gets updated with a git
hook.

for read-only access git-daemon and even cgit shouldn't be hard to run
over the same homedir.  sort of a gitosis/gitolite without per-repo
privilege separation :)

>> However, also not exactly what I have in mind here... As far as I
>> understand,
>> bananajour does not sport issue tracking, does it? That's something I'm
>> actually looking for. Git is great for decentralized source code control,
>> but
>> we need something else for decentralized issue tracking (as per ESR's
>> article
>> I linked in the second leg of this thread).
>
> there're some distributed issue trackers that reside on a branch of the
> repo.  i think the most maintained of this bunch is ticgit-ng
>
> https://github.com/jeffWelling/ticgit

ah, sorry, i didn't read the article :P

--
http://selfdandi.com.ar