Re: [libreplanet-discuss] support me

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] support me
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 09:20:29 -0700

One clarification: To say simply: While Trademark is important, Git is
*abusing* their trademark by not simply accept GitBull quickly. The
situation is stupid. Git had *no* reason to stop a Kallithea host from
using a Git name, and trademark law should not give them that level of
power. If a service is fully and completely using Git software and doing
nothing that misrepresents their relationship to Git, they should be
accepted. However, Git *should* have the ability to complain and stop
the service from using the name if they start doing anything that could
be confused.

I think instead of stopping the use of the name, Git should simply
require a statement like "This service uses Git software but is not
officially connected to the Git project or endorsed by the Git project."