Re: [libreplanet-discuss] How do we talk to each other? (was Re: support

From: Thomas HARDING
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] How do we talk to each other? (was Re: support me)
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 19:49:41 +0200

On 19/04/2015 19:19, hellekin wrote:
*** This unfriendly and derogative attitude is not what I like to
receive in my inbox.  This thread is exemplary of bad use of a mailing
list.  It covers more than one topic, and the title is less than
descriptive.

On the one hand, learning how to filter email is good, but on the other
hand, attacking people for not willing to receive irrelevant rant is
nowhere near good netiquette.

Unfortunately Usenet groups traffic and maintenance (creation/deletion) has drastically decreased with profit to mailing lists (and also a bunch of f..n unsearchables www forums).

That not avoids the commons WW2 like flamewars endings, as there are still public discussions on that last media (my mailbox is almost private, a mailing list you
subscribe is definitely not).

A common Usenet client function was "scores", and filtering out a mailing list thread (or an address) as you suggest is effectively the only good way compared to comments.

Do someone has a hammer ? I have to crush my screen now...

Regards,
TSFH