Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives

From: Will Hill
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives
Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 22:04:01 -0500

If you can show me how you not having permission to misrepresent my opinions
will give me control over your computer, then I'll believe that works of
opinion and software are the same thing.  Software freedoms are fundamental
rights to control your own computer.  It's not the software or the computer
that's free, though they can be described that way, it's the user that has
freedom.  Works of opinions are a different kind of expression and deserve
different kinds of rules.

Nina is wrong to suppose that ND means one kind of expression is valued more
than the other because she failed to understand some fundamentals of software
freedom.  I would have talked to her about this on G+ but she did not put it
there.