Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives

From: rysiek
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 10:44:29 +0200

Dnia piątek, 15 maja 2015 23:43:40 klez pisze:
> I won't explicitly take a stance on the issue (at the moment I'm still
> trying to form an opinion on that), but the clear distinction (to me)
> is that software *does* something, while a written text does not.

The question is: can you make such a strong distinction between texts that are
"works of art" and those that are "wokrs of opinion". FSF's stance on -ND
hinges on that distinction being possible to make.

I believe this distinction is artificial. Any text can be used in any context,
and indeed often is. A "work of opinion" can become a "work of art" or
"educational material" by simply changig the context it is
accessed/experienced in.

--
Pozdrawiam,
Michał "rysiek" Woźniak