Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives

From: Aaron Wolf
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Fwd: The FSF Allows No Derivatives
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 08:23:51 -0700

The point isn't that CC-BY or CC-BY-SA are impossible to misrepresent
nor that the "mark as modified" clause is a foolproof block of
misrepresentation. The point is that ND itself is not a foolproof block
of misrepresentation. And since there's little (no?) evidence of it
being helpful in reality…

There are other alternatives for authenticity. The ideal approach is to
have an official version, i.e. an *endorsed* version.

It's easy enough for an author to say "this is the official, endorsed
translation". And any other translation is obviously unendorsed and
should be viewed with some skepticism.

--
Aaron Wolf
co-founder, Snowdrift.coop