Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Crowdsourced programming pun

From: David Loyall
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Crowdsourced programming pun
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 15:49:26 -0500

Zak, here's a famous 'fork' joke:

#include <unistd.h>

int main(void)
{
    while(1)
        fork();
}

... Could we pull back the "fork the system" idea and apply the
crowdsource idea to the brainstorming step?

Like many geeks, I tend to wear cool shirts and people tend to ask me
about them.  If the FSF put out a cool shirt, it could introduce
countless opportunities for geeks to speak to people about software
freedom.

For T-Shirts, 'cool' can mean visually appealing (an image) or
intellectually appealing (funny or mysterious text).  I'd like the
next LP shirt to include the former.

Here are some starting points for finding or creating visually
appealing imagery for a shirt:

Google (or DDG) image search for 'quadtree'
Google (or DDG) image search for 'octree'
Google (or DDG) image search for '(cfdg,"context free design grammar")'
Google (or DDG) image search for '"directed acyclic graph"'
Search YouTube (or Vimeo) for 'gource'
https://nplusonemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/AuerbachImage.png
(artist: Adam Ferriss. I don't know how or if he has licensed this, I
just think it looks cool!)
Google (or DDG) image search for 'hashlife'

I hope this helps (or is otherwise enjoyable).

Cheers,
--Dave