Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Aseprite is now proprietary software

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Aseprite is now proprietary software
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2016 12:22:15 -0300

As noted by Stallman
(<http://audio-video.gnu.org/video/2016-04-11--rms--copyright-vs-community--athens.ogv>),
 monthly donations aren't always possible because the user doesn't always have
a fixed monthly income to do such donation. Personally, I think that using
Flattr also creates an extra account to be managed, specially if the example
program given by me earlier comes true (since the user would be able to use the
program periodically himself on his own computer to make the periodic
donations).

It can work, but there must be no minimum amount.

However, I don't know what is the best design for payment standards of
such particularities described by Stallman. Perhaps we should gather
experts on various areas like networking, maintenance and standards to
discuss this how this should work out.

Taking the example program I gave earlier:

* In the case of Flattr the information in that example would pass
through this way:

User's "upp" client → Flattr's "upp" server → Flattr's "cron"-like task
to make periodic donations → Flattr's "upp" client → User bank's "upp"
server → Receiving party's "upp" server

* However, let's pretend that Flattr doesn't exist here, then:

User's "cron"-like task to make periodic donations → User's "upp" client
→ User bank's "upp" server → Receiving party's "upp" server