Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Libre Email Sevice Recommendations

From: nedson
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Libre Email Sevice Recommendations
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2016 08:20:58 -0700

You seem to already be using Riseup, which is great. :)

http://www.fsf.org/resources/webmail-systems may be of interest.

Thanks for this link. Somehow I missed this in my search.

I have almost no spam problems on a self-hosted setup using SpamAssassin
(after very little training) plus DNS blacklists (spamhaus, surriel,
spamcop).

This was exactly the system I was using. My spam issues were caused by an IP address with a sordid history. Maybe I should be asking about libre VPS servers. At my home I unfortunately have a dynamic address.

The time-consuming part is setting it all up, and it sounds like
you've already achieved that.
Perhaps I should find a new VPS and get going again. From the sound of it, it seems that a lot of folks are running their own email servers.