Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free software K-12 schools and colleges

From: Aaron E-J
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Free software K-12 schools and colleges
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 11:38:34 -0500

I asked a similar question a while back, both here and on other forums, and the general consensus was that the vast majority of schools (in the US anyway) are proprietary entrenched.  I have thought about creating a FSF group in the Pioneer Valley, MA (Springfield, Northampton, Greenfield corridor) but haven't got around to it, in part because there are other tech groups in the area (but that are not necessarily open source focused, although some of the members use open technologies).  If there are others in the area who would be interested in such a thing, let me know.

Aaron E-J
http://otherrealm.org
http://theotherrealm.org (Blog)