Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Modernizing the Libreplanet Community Infrastr

From: Eric Wong
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Modernizing the Libreplanet Community Infrastructure
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 21:24:05 +0000

Connor Doherty <Cnnr_Dhrty@live.com> wrote:
> Feel free to do whatever you like with that regard - my
> proposal is unrelated since your software has no GUI, which
> would be a step in the opposite direction from my post.
>
> Sorry, but my eyes glazed over when I clicked that link.
> Candidly, I think it makes Mailman's interface look not so bad
> after all.

No worries.  Maybe the subject matter of the git list is
alien to most folks, here.  Here's my mirror:

        https://public-inbox.org/libreplanet-discuss/

The lack of a bundled GUI doesn't preclude being able to use one.
It allows NNTP access, and there are several GUI NNTP clients.
The HTML also supports user-supplied CSS for browsers like
Dillo: https://public-inbox.org/design_www.txt (see bottom)

I will also be adding a JSON API for the search interface,
which should make it easier for other web-based tools to
access.

> But to each his own. Cheers!

The whole point of public-inbox is anybody can clone the
data+code and customize it :)

In fact; I prioritize freely-accessible, hacker-friendly data
as more important than software itself.