Re: [libreplanet-discuss] dual FSF and FSFE membership

From: Daniel Pocock
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] dual FSF and FSFE membership
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 09:50:12 +0200

On 17/07/17 14:17, Dominic Hopf wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I think this isn't possible currently because the FSFE is an e.V. in
> Germany and has quite difficult terms to fulfil in Germany.

Money wouldn't necessarily have to be passed between the two
organizations: both organizations may simply agree to collaborate on
campaigns or split the costs of an event that serves all members.

From the perspective of members, it may be more tax efficient for people
in some countries to give more money to a local organization and then
make a token donation (e.g. $1) to join FSF.

As long as all the money is spent in the pursuit of the same goals, I
don't think anybody could see this as a loss to FSF.  Local groups would
also be in a better position to decide on the appropriate contribution
level based on local economic factors.

Regards,

Daniel