Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Adding [A]GPLv3+ code to Quake-based code base

From: Lyberta
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Adding [A]GPLv3+ code to Quake-based code base
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 21:58:00 +0000

Aaron Wolf:
> You'll need the "or any later version" clause from the GPLv2 stuff. You
> can ask all the copyright holders if they are willing to add it.

I have talked to other developers and they clarified that the code has
"or any later version" clause. So that means I can add GPLv3+ code to
it. However, can I add AGPLv3+ code to it? GNU says AGPLv3+ and GPLv2
are incompatible, but are GPLv2+ and AGPLv3+ compatible?

[1]: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list#AGPL