Re: [libreplanet-discuss] How do you get a new desktop computer fitting

From: Wes Frazier
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] How do you get a new desktop computer fitting FSF LibrePlanet principles?...
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2017 15:39:33 -0400

Their not certified RYF (for reasons that escape me) but several vendors who do RYF laptops have done desktops too at various times (depending on stock). Minifree has done so in the past (though their not offering one at the moment). Vikings.net has one at this link: https://store.vikings.net/libre-friendly-hardware/vikings-d16-workstation

Raptor Computing has some Talos PowerPC workstations their taking pre-orders for though the price is a little steep compared to x86. (Power 9 isn't cheap). https://www.raptorcs.com/content/base/products.html

Im personally waiting on an EOMA68-A20 with a Microdesktop and Laptop housing. Though my computing requirements are modest. Even so I will likely buy the next iteration of EOMA68 card quickly.