Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Is disroot ok?

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Is disroot ok?
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2017 10:49:03 -0200

I'm glad my message gave you an idea. ;)

On the context of having part of POP3 messages kept in the server, I
find Emacs Gnus the best one when it comes to doing that because you
simply specify how many days you want to leave them there and --- as
long as the server doesn't suffer from an issue that would make it loose
or change the date/timestamps --- then Emacs Gnus will know what to do.

As for the issue with IMAP, see [1][2].

[1] See the messages and discussions that appear bellow
<https://twitter.com/openmailbox_org/status/894122458181226496>.

[2] I'm sorry for linking to a site which forces non-free client-side
software through JavaScript, I'll summarize what I see so far in [1] ---
although I'm not a developer nor a network expert --- : IMAP, even with
"IMAP IDLE" tends to consume more resources specially for those who
"live in mobile" and those who have clients that leave IMAP connections
open, because the server has to keep track of these and of how many
connections that user has in other mail clients, besides having to keep
all the connections alive and in sync.