Re: [libreplanet-discuss] The state of Libre Hardware

From: Adonay Felipe Nogueira
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] The state of Libre Hardware
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 13:00:34 -0300

> Fosdem video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zF_qelGUgU

I found out that FOSDEM has an independent video server, which already
has the video ([1]).

Besides, this is good because it avoids mass centralization ([2][3]),
mistreatment of end-user ([4]) and automatic execution of vulnerable
non-free software ([5]).

Additionally, I would recommend people to make torrents of these talks
and seed the torrents, or to contribute seeding already-existing
torrents of these. I don't know if FOSDEM knows the advantages of
torrents for their load-balancing, but I think they should consider
doing torrents of their published videos. As of the writting of this
email message, I have made torrents for [2][3][5].

[1] <https://video.fosdem.org/2018/H.2215/designing_riscv64_soc.webm>.

[2]
<https://media.libreplanet.org/u/libreplanet/m/the-surreptitious-assault-on-privacy-security-and-freedom/>.

[3]
<http://cdn.media.ccc.de/congress/2015/webm-hd/32c3-7403-en-de-A_New_Kid_on_the_Block_webm-hd.webm>.

[4]
<https://downloads.softwarefreedom.org/2017/conference/0-keynote.webm>. Under
CC BY-SA 3.0 US, per
<https://softwarefreedom.org/events/2017/conference/video/>.

[5] <https:°mikegerwitz.com½018/01/Meltdown-Spectre-and-the-Web>.

--
- https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com