Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Key signing party during libreboot & educode

From: Gunnar Wolf
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Key signing party during libreboot & educode
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 14:40:06 -0600

Nicolas Pettiaux dijo [Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 07:28:24AM +0100]:
> Dear all,
>
> I am attending libreplanet, coming from Brussels, Belgium the place
> where FOSDEM has taken place yearly since 2000. We hold here a key
> signing party that is considered important if we want to build a
> distributed trust society. It is organized along the process described
> in [1].
>
> Is there a keysigning party during LibrePlanet ? I have not found any.
>
> Would it be possible to set one up simply even with such a short delay ?

I guess there is no organized KSP, which is a shame, as following the
Zimmermann-Sassaman KSP protocol is quite convenient.

> I would with pleasure exchange keys and show my ID to as many people as
> possible during libreplanet.

I am bringing several fingerprint slips with me, and expect to grow my
amount of cross-signing activity. You would expect me to, as I'm
delivering a talk on Debian's use of the cryptographic keyring! ;-)
Note however that my personal policy includes not signing keys based
"just" on checking govt-issued IDs, but on something more
"meaningful".