Re: [libreplanet-discuss] libreboot workshop at libreplanet 2018

From: Arthur Torrey
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] libreboot workshop at libreplanet 2018
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 00:10:36 -0400 (EDT)

Many thanks to all that helped me over the course of the conference to get two
of my laptops flashed w/ Libreboot - a T400 and a T500...  I still need to
install an O/S on them, but they both boot up into Grub as expected.  (Right
now I'm working through several days backlog of e-mails...)

It was also educational in that this was the first time I'd done a really
complete teardown of a laptop, so I now have a much better idea about just what
is inside at least these machines, and how they go together.

As far as I know, I'm the only person that actually got laptops flashed AT the
conference, but I know we had lots of conversations on Sunday while working on
putting them back together, so hopefully it will inspire more folks to look
into flashing their hardware.

ART

Arthur Torrey - <arthur_torrey@comcast.net>