Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Meta Data and Photos

From: Gunnar Wolf
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Meta Data and Photos
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2018 12:37:18 -0500

Andri Effendi dijo [Mon, Apr 02, 2018 at 01:14:36AM +1000]:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to get an App on my Android Phone which I can take all the
> amazing photos I want and not have all the meta data attached.
>
> I want all the details about the photo removed.
> Geo Location, Camera Model etc.

It's a bit different from your question, but more "versatile", as it's
not tied to the photos you take on Android - You can use the Media
Anonymization Toolkit (mat — https://mat.boum.org/).

Copying from the Debian package description:

Package: mat
Version: 0.6.1-4
Section: python
Maintainer: Debian Privacy Tools Maintainers
<pkg-privacy-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org>
Installed-Size: 866 kB
Depends: python-mutagen, python-pdfrw, python:any (<< 2.8), python:any (>=
2.7.5-5~), gir1.2-poppler-0.18, python-gi
Recommends: gir1.2-gdkpixbuf-2.0, gir1.2-glib-2.0, gir1.2-gtk-3.0,
gir1.2-nautilus-3.0, libimage-exiftool-perl, python-gi-cairo, python-nautilus
Homepage: https://mat.boum.org/
Download-Size: 104 kB
APT-Sources: http://ftp.mx.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 Packages
 Metadata consist of information that characterizes data. Metadata are
 used to provide documentation for data products. In essence, metadata
 answer who, what, when, where, why, and how about every facet of the
 data that are being documented.
 .
 Metadata within a file can tell a lot about you. Cameras record data
 about when a picture was taken and what camera was used. Office
 documents like PDF or Office automatically adds author and company
 information to documents and spreadsheets.
 .
 Maybe you don't want to disclose those information on the web.
 .
 MAT only removes metadata from your files, it does not anonymise their
 content, nor can it handle watermarking, steganography, or any too
 custom metadata field/system.
 .
 If you really want to be anonymous, use file formats that does not contain any
 metadata, or better: use plain-text.
 .
 Formats supported to some extent are:
    - Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
    - JPEG (.jpeg, .jpg, ...)
    - Open Document (.odt, .odx, .ods, ...)
    - Office Openxml (.docx, .pptx, .xlsx, ...)
    - Portable Document Fileformat (.pdf)
    - Tape ARchive (.tar, .tar.bz2, .tar.gz)
    - ZIP (.zip)
    - MPEG Audio (.mp3, .mp2, .mp1, .mpa)
    - Ogg Vorbis (.ogg)
    - Free Lossless Audio Codec (.flac)