Re: [libreplanet-discuss] joining forces with the FSF

From: Todd Weaver
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] joining forces with the FSF
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 00:25:50 -0700

Daniel, I was forwarded this topic, and in the general request of
"similar pledge" Purism SPC (A Social Purpose Corporation) enshrined in
its articles of incorporation a similar pledge[1].

Examples of language referencing a similar pledge:
 * Purism shall be devoted to ensuring the security, privacy, and
freedom of the users of its products, and the hardware and software
offered by Purism shall conform to the philosophy of the Free Software
movement (the “General Social Purpose”).

 * Purism will only use and distribute free/libre and open source
software in the kernel, OS, and software in its products. Free/Libre
and Open Source Software is software that respects users’ freedom. Non-
free, or proprietary, software and installable firmware within the
kernel will be strictly prohibited within Purism. Purism’s operating
system and kernel and all software will be “free” according to the
strictest of guidelines set forth by the Free Software Foundation’s
Free Software Definition.

We (at Purism SPC) continue to advance, reverse engineer, and install
liberated software bundled with hardware to advance a social benefit to
society.

[1] https://puri.sm/about/social-purpose/

I hope that helps, and if you have any questions about Social Purpose
Corporations (or Social Benefit Corporations) I'd be happy to discuss
further.

Todd.