Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Is Stallman nuts?

From: Deb Nicholson
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Is Stallman nuts?
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 13:49:41 -0400

I don't think a situation where many people associate the free software
movement with misogyny and pedophilia is doing the movement any favors. And
that's where we are. I do feel emotionally about this because it is a huge
waste of my time to try and bring new people to this movement and then
later have to apologize for the ton of unchecked sexism that happens in
many of our spaces and mailing lists.

I'm done with allowing one person's pedantic compulsions and gaping blind
spots around how tech treats women continue to hamper the work of
empowering users. It's time to separate the sexism and -- the erasure of
victims of pedophilia -- from the free software movement. I won't be
encouraging people to participate in free software communities that won't
commit to doing better at that extremely low bar.

Deb