Re: [libreplanet-discuss] membership confusion, FSF way forward

From: Nishant Sharma
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] membership confusion, FSF way forward
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 11:19:50 +0530

On 23 September 2019 8:48:42 AM IST, Leah Rowe via libreplanet-discuss
<libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org> wrote:

>I take issue with this: there is the issue of vetting regular members.
>What if a bunch of members are present who do not share the FSF's
>hardline stance on free software?

I agree. The governance and other decisions should remain with the core members
who believe and support the hardline stance.

In comparison to democratic governance of a nation, a government doesn't ask
for views / vote from every citizen on every matter. We trust our
representatives to speak for us and take decisions in the best interest of the
nation.

Let's have faith in the board members of the FSF and at the same time keep a
check on them. It is our responsibility to keep writing/talking to them to not
let them deviate from the principles and ethics it was founded on and for.

Regards,
Nishant
--
https://unmukti.in - Embedding FOSS