Re: One word label for someone who rejects proprietary software

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: One word label for someone who rejects proprietary software
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 08:14:17 +0300

* Leah Rowe via libreplanet-discuss <libreplanet-discuss@libreplanet.org>
[2020-02-14 20:44]:

> one word to describe someone who rejects proprietary software?
>
> I have a few....
> clever
> genius
> wise
>
> Maybe:
> democrat
> libertarian
>
> etc
>
> i don't think it's useful to try to create such a single word noun
> though

Labeling people and giving them various identifications is for me not
well mannered.

Hypothetical cases:

Somebody may not know anything about the free software, but would like
to reject proprietary software, maybe some specific proprietary
software like WhatsApp due to its security flows -- but is this person
free software supporter or security aware person?

In general, it is better to let people identify how they wish, instead
of labeling them, and coercing certain type of identification on
people.

Jean