Re: US to UK(Gb) Time difference and irc

From: Brendan Kidwell
Subject: Re: US to UK(Gb) Time difference and irc
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 15:39:11 -0400

On Wed, Mar 11, 2020, at 14:48, Paul Sutton wrote:
> Am I right in thinking that the timings listed on the FSF website are US
> eastern time ?  So that a start time of 10am equates to +5 to the Uk
> which would make it 5pm (17:00hrs).
>
> I will be online and in #libreplanet anyway, so happy to help out and
> hopefully learn how to do this properly over time.

FYI, Timeanddate.com has some great tools for making it easier to think about
time zones. It's good for personal use and also for broadcasting events -- the
site places form inputs into the URL so the there is no online storage or
sign-up process.

See their Meeting Planner utility:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingtime.html

Disclaimer: I have not verified whether or not the site uses non-free
Javascript. I don't concern myself with that issue.